The Mutual Exchange Process

If you're looking for someone to swap with you need to join the Homeswapper register

 If you've found someone to swap with, you'll need to fill in and return an application form to us.

  • Howard Cottage resident swapping with resident from another landlord: 

External mutual exchange application form 

  • Both residents are in a Howard Cottage property:

Internal mutual exchange application form 


We will move through each stage of the process as quickly as we can, and will contact you when we need additional information. Please return forms as soon as possible to help avoid further delays. If you haven’t heard from us it means we are working through the process.

Remember - you must not swap homes until you have been given written permission by your landlord, and the relevant paperwork has been signed. If you move without permission, you risk making yourself and your family homeless.