Repairs and Maintenance
This section covers all matters relating to the maintenance of your home; from day to day repairs to our planned improvement programme to update kitchens, bathrooms and central heating.
We are responsible for carrying out most of the repairs to your homes, inside and out, but listed below are repairs you should do yourself:
- Replacing lost or broken keys and/or any locks affected (we do not keep spare keys and are not responsible for gaining entry to the property)
- Replacing broken glass to windows and doors, unless caused by a structural fault with the building
- Sweeping chimneys
- Replacing light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and fuses
- Re-setting electrical trip switches that have tripped because of faulty appliances
- Renewing waste plugs and chains on sinks and baths
- Replacing or repairing broken toilet seats
- Clearing blockages in toilet pans, baths, sinks and basins
- Maintaining dividing fences between gardens, other than marking the boundary with post and wire and a privacy panel
- Maintaining your garden trees and shrubbery
- Clearing out gullies
- Maintaining your appliances, such as washing machines and hoses, and any other appliances not supplied by us
- Installing your own cooker.
- Treating pests such as wasp nests, ants and mice
Residents living in sheltered schemes can get help with some of the above - please speak to your Scheme Manager for more information.
See the left hand menu for more information regarding repairs and maintenance.